Simple solution to improve remote viewing Raspian desktop through VNC.
Follow Steps Below to Enable High Resolution VNC Raspian
- Power Up Raspberry Pi
Connect the USB power and waiting 1-2minutes until its boots and start the vnc server
- Connect through VNC to your Raspberry Pi
Specify Raspberry Pi ip address and password. Password will be ‘raspberry’ if you haven’t change the default password.
- Current VNC Resolution
- Go to Raspberry Pi Configuration in Start Menu
Select Pi Configuration. Wait for window to popup.
- Click Set Resolution
Find Set Resolution button.
- Select Highest available resolution and click Apply
Depending on your connection, select the best resolution available. Then press ok.
- Raspberry Pi needs to be restarted for the new resolution to take effect
Apply the setting. A popup will show to reboot pi.
- Connect to VNC again after boot.
You will be able to use this new resolution immediately.
Full step by step video as below.