Raspberry pi official OS Raspian can be run as headless unit. SSH need to be enabled in order to have a full functional remote access. By default Raspian disables SSH. So Raspberry Pi released workaround to enable SSH during fresh start. Just follow the steps below;
- Download latest Raspian here
- Flash Raspian to a SD Card. Can revisit this article to find out.
- Once flash complete. Open Boot partition.
- Make sure extensions enabled if you are using Windows.
- Create New Text Document.
- Rename to ssh (no extension)
- Load the sd card and boot. You are ready to boot and remote in.
For further details, please visit Raspberry Pi official website Here